Thursday, June 8, 2017

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 106 - Talen by Rebecca Zanetti , A Peace Divided by Tanya Huff, We Bow by River Shayne

Talen (Dark Protectors, #7.9)Talen by Rebecca Zanetti
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a novella for fans of the Dark Protector series. Talen and Cara have been mated for 25 years but for most of that time Cara was ill. Now she is well and wants Talen to quite babying her. Cara is a great character who is showing many traits and longing common to women everywhere. Taken is just a big old overprotective male. Turns out Cara is in danger and how Talen and Cara handle that danger is at the heart of the story. A nice short read for Zanetti's fans.


A Peace Divided (Peacekeeper, #2)A Peace Divided by Tanya Huff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Warden Torin Kerr and her team are once again up to their eyeballs in trouble. What should have been a simple rescue mission turns very complicated. What did I like? It is always good to get to visit with Torin and crew. What did I not like? There was not that much of Craig. What did I have trouble with? All of the alien names. I had to do a lot of sounding out and then remembering who went with which group of aliens. This had a tie in with the plastics or how to kill plastics. It had a solution to the mission but there was a lot of question left unanswered. Seems that Torin and crew will be going on some interesting missions in the future.


We Bow (The Red Lily Saga)We Bow by River Shayne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am still on the shelf about this serial series. I really liked the first part of We Bow. It made Raelon a much more likable character. Once again this was first person alternating between Raelon and Leuka. Leuka makes some very devastating discoveries and Raelon sees her in a different light. This set the stage for the two to become allies so I will purchase the next release to see what the two will decide to work together.

View all my reviews

No comments: