Friday, February 3, 2017

Book Beginning and The Friday 56 - February 3, 2017


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

"We are not pleased, young lady. Not pleased at all."

Page 56:

"Much to her own surprise and embarrassment, fat tears burned down her face."

From Imprudence: The Custard Protocol: Book Two by Gail Carrier. I loved her Parasol Protectorate steampunk series and this is a spin off featuring the daughter of the two main characters in that series.


8 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great title and excerpts! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “RAINY DAY WOMEN”

sherry fundin said...

As soon as I saw the cover, I though steampunk. I haven't read a lot of the genre, but it looks good
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

fredamans said...

I wonder why she is crying.... Happy weekend!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Sounds like the story opens in the middle of the action! Steampunk can be so much fun.
My Friday post features The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry.

Breana M. said...

I've actually read a lot of books by Gail Carriger. I just haven't started this series yet.

Unknown said...

I have a feeling that scolding fell on deaf ears. LOL

My Friday 56 from Every Last Word

Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) said...

This book sounds interesting!


Here’s my Friday 56!

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I've only read Soulless by Carriger - I need to try more of hers. :)

Lauren @ Always Me