Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Look Back Wednesday - December 7, 2016

LOOK BACK WEDNESDAY IS A FEATURE HERE ON MY BLOG.  I DECIDED TO  FEATURE BOOKS FROM DIFFERENT SHELVES ON GOODREADS.  SOME HAVE BEEN FEATURED ON MY BLOG AND SOME HAVE NOT.  


FOR DECEMBER I WENT TO MY CHRISTMAS ROMANCES SHELF.


The Heart of Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #7)The Heart of Christmas by Brenda Novak
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Heart of Christmas takes another single member of the Friday Coffee group and gives them their own happy ending. Eve has been a featured character in each of the previous Whiskey Creek books. Once it looked like she might finally find her own HEA but it was not to be. Now she is 35 and feeling like she will never find that special person. I have always liked Eve. She is very caring and very strong. Seeing her down as she is in The Heart of Christmas was very sad. I just knew someone would show up to be her very special person. What I did not expect was a man with a very mysterious and dangerous past.

Brenda Novak does a great job with that mysterious man. Why no name? (small spoiler) Because his name has been changed several times for his own protection. He does not want anything to happen to Eve so it looks like no HEA for Eve again. Then the Friday Coffee group decides to help and comes up with a winning solution.

I have to admit both the mysterious man and how he and Eve came to have their own HEA surprised me. The Heart of Christmas has a much darker tone than previous Whiskey Creek books. I think the slight change of pace strengthens the series and helps keep it from being predictable.


View all my reviews

No comments: