Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Short and Sweet Book Reviews #48 - Through Uncharted Space by Anna Hackett, Unthinkable by Nina Croft, No More Lies by Nina Croft

Through Uncharted Space (Phoenix Adventures, #10)Through Uncharted Space by Anna Hackett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have to admit to being disappointed in Through Uncharted Space. I loved the first Phoenix Adventures but the later ones have come across as same old, same old. I can predict how the characters act, their backgrounds and the action as the story progresses. Here we have the strong female who does not want help, the alpha hero who has a wounded background and I already knew how they react to each other. I even knew when and where the danger was going to happen. I would like more unusual twists in future stories. Keep me guessing. That will get away from same old, same old.  If this is your first Anna Hackett book ignore my review.  For you it will be fresh and new.


Unthinkable (Beyond Human, #1)Unthinkable by Nina Croft
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Why is it that the one you want is the one you should not have. That is at the heart of the relationship between Jake and Christa. He is on the run from her father and has kidnapped her to have some leverage. Both are very interesting and developed characters. The series name,, Beyond Human, says that the characters are going to be different. Jake is part of The Tribe and each has some paranormal ability. They are on the run after members of their group were killed. Read No More Lies a prequel to the series that gives a lot of background. This has a great plot, exciting action, a nice love story and a cliff hanger ending. A great start to a new series.


No More Lies (Beyond Human #0.5)No More Lies by Nina Croft
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a short story that helps set the stage for Unthinkable. Kaitlyn ( who is an important side character in Unthinkable) and Jake are the two main characters in the story. This is where we find out what happened to Kaitlyn's twin and why the tribe broke away from the people who trained and used them. I read it before reading Unthinkable and as a result I was into the book much sooner.

View all my reviews

No comments: