Thursday, October 6, 2016

Deadly Silence by Rebecca Zanetti

Romantic Suspense

In my review of Total Surrender, the 4th and final book in the Sin Brothers series new characters were introduced and I said that I hoped that meant that a new series was in the works.  I got my wish with Deadly Silence. 

I started the book ready to visit with old friends but quickly realized that I had never met the three brothers that were featured in the story.  Ryker, Heath and Denver Jones grew up with an entirely different background than the group in the previous series.  They are blood brothers; very close even though they do not know their family background.   Dr. Madison is a part of both the Jones' and the Grey's past and Sheriff Cobb, a new character is introduced.    So where was the tie in.  That happened when a 12 year old hacked their systems and tries to blackmail them into finding Madison and finding his brothers. 
 
This is Ryker’s story and it is fast paced and full of both danger and romance.  The romance is provided by Zara, a paralegal who works at a firm that has hired Ryker’s private detective agency.  When a friend of Zara is murdered Ryker has to work hard to protect her and find the guilty party.  That is just part of the danger for the group.  The past is trying very hard to catch up with the Jones brothers.  There are enough twists and turns to give you whiplash.  There were certainly enough to keep me reading.

I loved the tie in between the two series.  Ryker, Heath and Denver are all great characters.  The action fits the story line and sets the hooks for the next books in the series.  The story line and the romance was just what I was hoping for in this series. Book two, Lethal Lies is due out 04/17.

See my review of Total Surrender on Goodreads here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1219318974?book_show_action=false

You can visit my post that is part of the release week blitz by following this link:  http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com/2016/10/deadly-silence-blood-brothers-1-by.html


No comments: