Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Short and Sweet Audio Book Reviews # 45 - Make Me Love You by Johanna Lindsey, Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson, Night Shift by Cahrlaine Harris

Make Me Love YouMake Me Love You by Johanna Lindsey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to the story from Recorded Books. It caught me attention from the first. I loved Brooke Wentworth and her I will survive and have a better life attitude. Dominic Wolfe was never a total loss even at the first of the story. There was a twist at the end. I anticipated part of the twist but the second part took me by surprise. A nice story using the forced to marry trope. Lindsey managed to include enough new circumstances to make it unique.


Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1)Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have seen this series at my library for several years so decided to give it a try. Undead and Unwed is the first book in the series and sets up the world, the backstory, the characters and a nice plot with elements that can carry over and a solution to the big problem in this book. I loved Nancy Wu who performed the book. Betsy Taylor is very snarky and Wu does a great job getting just the right voice for Betsy. If you like vampires this is a good series to start. Davidson gives her vampires a different twist. Betsy has a unique making and thus can do some things others cannot. There are also some really great side characters to add to the story.


Night Shift (Midnight, Texas, #3)Night Shift by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have to start by saying that when I picked the book up to read it just did not catch me and I put it down. I had the opposite reaction to the audio book. I think most of that was thanks to the performer who did the recording. Her timing and pace were perfect for the story and kept me listening. All of the characters were on hand with the addition of at least one new character. Since this is a trilogy a lot is wrapped up in Night Shift. There is enough left unanswered for another book but Harris has said three and no more. I was satisfied with the ending so if there are no more it will be OK>

View all my reviews

No comments: